Friday, February 26, 2010

Isn't there an app for that?

I am sure I found every app made for cleaning my house. I am also sure I have been reduced to tears from trying to find the right schedule online to keep it clean. I have had about 6 different plans executed on average for 2 hours in the past 2.5 years we have lived in our home. I have binders, daily tasks, Fly Lady lists, reminder notes everywhere (including an alert on my phone), but it just don't get done. My house is not a disaster zone on a constant basis, just from the hours of 7-1 and 4-7. And by house, I mean the upstairs, the basement is a bio-hazard site. I know the drill, 15-minutes a day. That is all it takes. Whoever came up with that gem does not have kids. or a husband. or a messy personality. or a house. or an environment where dust is able to settle at any point. Here, it gets done. But it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a butter knife. I do not mind my own mess, but when it is someone else's (ie my 3-year olds or my husband), I want to watch a soap opera. Okay. Here I go. Thank God for headphones and a good audiobook. I do not go this alone.

No comments: